Choosing the Perfect NATO Strap Colour To Suit Your Watch
Looking for ways to switch up your style without making a big investment? Adding a NATO strap to your watch is an easy way to give it a whole new look. From classic black and navy blue to rainbow-hued multi-stripe designs, there’s something for everyone!
NATO straps have become a popular alternative to traditional watch straps due to their versatility and durability. They are comfortable, and come in a variety of colours and patterns to suit your personal style. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the right colour for your watch..
But how do you choose the perfect colour for your watch? Start by considering what kind of look you’re going for. Do you want something classic, eye-catching, or a bit of both?
In this article, we’ll help you figure out the best NATO strap colour for your watch. We'll discuss everything from the symbolism behind certain hues to which colors look best with different types of watches. Ready to get started? Let's dive in!
What Exactly Is a NATO Strap?
If you own a watch and are looking to give it a style update, NATO straps are the perfect accessory. But what exactly is a NATO strap? It’s a watch band that wraps around your wrist with a single piece of nylon material, usually with two or more colors woven together into fabric. The straps are usually available in multiple colors, giving you a chance to make your watch look unique and stylish.
While NATO straps have an undeniably cool esthetic, they’re also highly practical. They’re lightweight and durable, making them the ideal choice for any situation where you need your watch to last for the long haul. They also come with multiple buckles and metal hardware pieces, so you can rest assured that your strap is secure.
Consider the Style of Your Watch
The first step in choosing the right colour of NATO strap is to consider the style of your watch. Different types of watches have different styles, and not all colours will work for every watch. Here are some examples.
For classic watches, neutral colours such as black, brown, and beige are a safe choice. These colours will complement the watch's timeless design and give it an elegant look.
Customer image courtesy of @j_jackson.inc
Customer image courtesy of Phillip
Modern watches come in a variety of designs and colours. Bright and bold NATO straps in red, blue, or green can be a great match for a modern watch.
Sports watches are designed to withstand harsh conditions and are often brightly colored. For a sports watch, a NATO strap in a matching or contrasting colour can be an excellent choice.
Choosing the Right Colour for Your Watch
Choosing the right colour for your watch NATO strap is a matter of both personal preference and style. There is a wide range of colours available, from classic black and navy to bright oranges, reds, and greens. Each color will work differently depending on the base tones of your watch, so it’s important to consider the color palette of your watch before making a decision.
Generally speaking, black or navy NATO straps are considered the most versatile and timeless options as they can be worn with any watch. Neutral colors such as tan or light gray also go well with most watches, but may require additional consideration if you’re wearing a more muted or vintage design.
Alternatively, if you want to experiment with brighter colors, look for hues that complement or contrast those already present on your watch. For example, if your watch has blue tones then try pairing it with an orange or green strap for maximum effect.
- Primary Colours - which include red, yellow, and blue—are bold and vibrant, and can make a strong statement with your watch. They are perfect for anyone looking to make a statement with their watch, or anyone looking for something that stands out from the crowd.
- Secondary Colours - which include green, purple, and orange — are still quite vibrant but a bit more toned-down than primary colors. They are great for adding a pop of colour to a more classic or neutral look, or for creating an eye-catching contrast.
- Neutrals - are all about subtlety and elegance. These tones can range from tan and gray to black and navy blue. Neutral straps work well with any wardrobe because they offer versatility without being too loud or attention-grabbing. So if you’re looking for a timeless option that you can wear every day, then neutrals are the way to go.
Here are a few tips that should help you decide:
- If you want to make your watch stand out, pick a complementary color for your NATO strap that contrasts with the watch’s base colour or any accents on the face of the watch. A classic combination would be a brown leather strap with a white-dialed watch; alternatively, you can go for a black NATO strap with bright-coloured dials.
- If you want to keep things low-key and subtle, pick colours that match or blend in perfectly with both the case and face of your watch. For example, if you have a silver-cased watch, try pairing it with a gray or silver NATO strap; if you have an all-black timepiece, go for an all-black nylon strap instead.
- If you're into bolder colours, don't be afraid to experiment! Bright colours like blue, green, yellow and orange can provide plenty of contrast when paired with more neutral colours like white or gray; even two bright colours could brighten up an otherwise plain outfit. Whatever colours you choose, make sure they match – at least in terms of tone – so that your look remains cohesive and polished!
Consider Contrast and Your Outfit
When going beyond black and brown, consider what type of contrast you want. A bright orange strap will pop against a dressy navy suit, while a yellow NATO strap might look great with jeans and a white t-shirt. Think of your outfit as a canvas that you can choose colours to compliment!
Matching your NATO strap with your outfit can be a great way to enhance your overall style. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting a NATO strap:
- Matching with Clothes: You can match your NATO strap with your clothing by selecting a colour that complements your outfit. For example, a blue NATO strap can be paired with a blue shirt or a blue suit.
- Complementing Your Style: Your NATO strap can also complement your personal style. If you prefer a minimalist style, a neutral-colored NATO strap can give you a clean and simple look. On the other hand, if you have a bold style, a bright and colorful NATO strap can complement your outfit.
Know the occasion
Remember to consider what occasion you're wearing the watch for. If you're going for an interview, you might want to opt for a more subdued color like black or navy. On the other hand, if you're sporting your watch on a night out with friends, you could afford to be more adventurous with something like green or purple. The occasion can also influence the colour of the NATO strap you choose. Here are some examples:
- Formal Occasions: For formal occasions, it's best to choose a neutral-coloured NATO strap. Black or brown straps are classic choices that can complement a formal outfit.
- Casual Occasions: Casual occasions give you more room to experiment with different colours and patterns. You can opt for a bold and colorful NATO strap or a patterned one.
- Sports Activities: If you plan on wearing your watch during sports activities, a brightly coloured NATO strap can make it easier to spot your watch. If you go on outdoor adventures often, then picking out adventurous colors like green or red can reflect this.
Finishing Off With a Few Final Tips
To finish off, let's go over a few final tips to help you choose the perfect NATO strap colour for your watch.
When it comes to the perfect NATO strap for your timepiece, the best approach is to keep things simple and choose a colour that suits your outfit and your style. The same rules for clothing apply here: choose a colour that will offer a subtle contrast and is in harmony with the colour of the watch and the outfit you are wearing. There are certainly no hard and fast rules when it comes to NATO straps and if you are brave and want to make a statement with a vibrant colour, then go for it!
Second, if in doubt, stick to colours that match your existing wardrobe. Everyone has their own unique style and there's no point in buying a strap that clashes with the rest of your clothes. So if you have lots of navy shirts or bright white sneakers, go with a NATO strap in navy or white respectively.
Finally, make sure that whatever colour of NATO strap you choose is comfortable to wear – after all, fashion doesn't mean much if it's not comfortable! Choose a colour that makes you feel good! It should express who you are and make you happy every time you look at it. After all—it's all about making an impression without even saying a word!
Whichever colour you choose, you can rest assured that a NATO strap will provide a comfortable, secure fit and will last for years to come. So, when you are ready to make the switch to a NATO strap, pick the perfect colour and you'll be guaranteed to make a timeless statement that will be sure to draw admiring glances.
Posted on 05 May 2023 by