What is a NATO strap?
NATO straps are a single piece of nylon webbing material that threads behind your watch like a belt.
This is different to "standard" watch straps which are usually two separate pieces which are connected to the watch face separately.
NATO straps were originally created for the military, and are traditionally made from nylon - however they are now available in a range of materials such as leather and canvas.
The benefits of using "NATO" straps include:
- You can switch between NATO straps easily - without needing any tools
- They come in a range of colours - allowing you to give the same watch multiple looks and styles
- Our nylon straps are waterproof and durable
- They are extra long - meaning you can wear them over wetsuits
- They can be shortened easily
Our range of two-piece straps are suitable for watches with heart-rate sensors - check them out here.